Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Welcome Note


Welcome from the editor/producer/photographer/ whatever-er (me.) Im Amanda. I shave my legs, spend far too much at MAC stores, and look forward to new spring dresses all year. Shit, I even exfoliate. And Im also a feminist. The typical hairy stinky hippie-fem movement from the 70’s still exists somewhere, Im sure. But I am part of a group referred to as third-wave feminists. This blog will serve as an analysis of current phenomena in relation to fem ideals. Too scholarly? It doesn’t take smacking a textbook over someone’s head to get my point across.
                On top of writing some delicious brain food, I will use this platform to freely rant without the fear of getting fired (they don’t take too kindly to ‘shut the fuck up’ around the office). My point is this: my nail polish chips just the same as the rest of you. But I am hoping my writing will bring to light some of the interesting topics we let slip by us every day… with my spin of course. Because at the end of the day, it’s my blog bitches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment