Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Deception that is Country Music


"Cowboy take me away, Fly this girl as high as you can”, “How do I live without you, How do I breathe without you”, “Cause I believe she deserves it, My Woman, My Woman, My Wife”.
Country music paints a pretty picture. But is it creating expectations too great? Most of us will never have a relationship that lives up to the standards of Randy Travis. If you do, fantastic. If not, you are a human. I, myself am a fan of country music. But after listening to my favorite Sara Evans album, I’m left wondering what toll these lyrics may take on the female psyche.
                In a quick search I was unable to find articles related to this topic. Or for that matter, the impact of any genre of love songs in regards to relationship expectations. Attention students: possible thesis topic? I think so.
                I would love to have the answers to these probing questions, just as I would love to live in a country song. However, I happen to fall under the human category.

No comments:

Post a Comment